Young watch brand launched in 2012, HYT the “Hydro Mechanical Horologists” continue to shake up watch codes. The arrival of the latest creation from the brand, the HYT H3 continues the progress of the brand towards horizons yet unexplored … HYT has made a specialty as its name suggests of the integration of fluids in its movements.
With this latest addition, the HYT H3, the brand announces its first rectangular watch (62 x 41 mm), a watch that needs a little explanation before completely understanding its operation.
Reading time on the HYT H3 has become linear with the bellows mechanism (seen at the top) driving the progression of the fluid. Minutes are read via a retrograde dial positioned centre right, while the hours are indicated using the 24 hr format on a row of cubes that rotate every six hours in conjunction with the fluid indicator just above them. This row of cubes can be manually rotated by way of a button on the side of the case. A power reserve of 170 hours can be read by way of an indicator on the rear of the case.
The exclusive H3 mechanical movement was developed in collaboration with APRP (Audemars Piguet, Renaud & Papi).
The HYT H3 is a limited edition watch only 25 copies in titanium & platinum and will be priced at 292,000 dollars, or nearly 264,000 euros.
HYT H3 Specifications
|Charcoal grey PVD-coated titanium and platinum with a micro-blasted, satin finish
– Diameter: 48.8 mm
– Length: 62 mm;
– Width: 41 mm
– Height: 16 mm
– Screw-down dynamometric crown sheathed in rubber
– Screwed offset lugs
– Domed sapphire crystal (box) with anti-reflection coating
– Open screw-down back in titanium
– Water-resistant to 30 metres
|Mechanical with manual winding, exclusive HYT calibre
– 21,600 Vph, 3 Hz, 53 jewels
– Decorated micro-blasted charcoal grey PVD-coated titanium bridges with titanium-coloured satin-finished accents, rhodium-plated bellows
– 170-hour (7-day) power reserve
|– Sapphire minutes dial
– Aluminium hours dial
|– Retrograde fluidic hours
– Retrograde minute indicator
– Crown position indicator (T-N-W)
– Power reserve indicator (on back)
– Push-button for hour rotation
|361-TP-01-GF-AG, Series limited to 25 pieces
|Black alligator leather
Charcoal grey PVD-coated titanium folding buckle