Newly announced watch brand 2LMX has released its first watch . The brand has been created by Arnaud Tellier, the former head of the Geneva Patek Philippe museum.
The 2LMX watch is a mechanical digital watch and indicates the time using a 24-hour format. It uses rotating drums on which the digits are displayed – see it working in the video at the end of the post.
The design is quite reminiscent of the Cabestan Winch Tourbillon Vertical and features two vertically mounted dials split either side with a tourbillon in the centre. Sapphire crystal is used extensively giving you generous views of the mechanics within.
Powered by a manually wound movement with 120 hour power reserve, it will be available in 2012 in titanium, platinum, white gold or pink gold.
Specifications from 2LMX watch site:
– vertically constructed
– manually wound, with winding and time-setting crown (patented mechanism)
– driving force generated by 2 parallel barrels
– lever escapement with one-minute tourbillon regulator and compensation balance
– power reserve: approximately 120 hours
– balance frequency: 28800 vibrations / hour, or 4 Hertz
– number of components: 337
– number of jewels: 44
– time display: on six rollers activated by cams (patented mechanisms)
– rectangular, curved sides (patented models)
– platinum (950) / pink gold (750) / titanium (grade 5)
– sapphire crystals with anti-reflective treatment on their inner surfaces
– waterproof: 3 atm.
Bracelet & buckle
– black or white leather bracelet, hand-sewn, in matte alligator or rubber, with special 2lmx deployant clasp in titanium / platinum / white gold / pink gold