CX Swiss Military Watch 6,000m (20,000 Feet)
The CX Swiss Military dive watch currently holds the world record as the only mechanical dive watch that is certified water resistant to a depth of 20,000 Feet.
Emphasis on mechanical since other deep dive watches are certified to go deeper but they are oil filled quartz watches. Since silicone oil is non-compressible it protects the watch against the pressures from these kinds of depths.
Having been tested to a depth equivalent of 20,000 Feet, you can be sure that it can take a beating, and it literally has! Not only was the CX Swiss Military watch subjected to laboratory testing but also some rather unconventional tests too..
Its first round of punishment was to be blasted with 6,000 liters of water from the powerful water hose of a 40 ton fire engine. (click to watch)
Having withstood this, it was then run over by a truck, shot with a shotgun and if that wasn’t abuse enough it was then subjected to two huge explosions.
It survived all this torment intact and functional!
CX Swiss Military dive watch Specifications:
- Chronometer-certified automatic chronograph ETA cal. 7750 Valjoux COSC
- 25 jewels
- 28’800 oscillations/h
- Power reserve 48h
- Etachron regulator system
- Glucydur balance bridge
- Nivaflex mainspring
- Antichoc with Incabloc shock-absorber
- Hour; minute; small second at 9h
- Chronograph with 30 minute counter at 12h, 12 hour counter at 6h, central second counter
- Date at 3h
- Solid titanium case/bracelet, Ø 46.0mm, thickness 28.5mm, weight 265gr total
- Water-resistant to 7’500 meters (25’000 feet; 6’000 meters or 20’000 FEET & 25% safety margin according to ISO norm 6425)
- X-large crown with side-guards, allowing for diving with thick gloves
- Screw-down crown and pushers
- Red safety marking on pushers (visible when unscrewed)
- Domed, anti-reflective sapphire crystal, thickness 10mm
- Unidirectional rotating bezel, 60 minute graduation, Superluminova™ indices
- Solid titanium bracelet, lug-ends and links screwed
- Solid titanium folding clasp with safety catch and micro-adjustment
- Separate genuine rubber strap & rubber extension strap for dry-suit diving (wrist circumference up to 35cm)
- Screw-down caseback, Limited Edition engraving
- Helium relief valve
- anti-magnetic ISO 764
- Silver, black carbon, blue or yellow
- Superluminova™ indices
- Counters sunburst decorated
- Oversized minute hand
- Superluminova™ coated
- All chronograph hands in red
Comments are closed.